Title: Senior Mechanical Designer/Drafter
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Job type: Full-time
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to
modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have
established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules
and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt
their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, our newest product is an Aeromedical Bio-containment Module that
allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially with the onset of
COVID-19, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow,
we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Every employee and customer relationship
is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Speed, energy, innovation, and creativity allow us to create solutions for an uncertain future.
- Excellence: Quality, best practices, and procedures enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Passion, loyalty, and willingness to step up creates a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally to build more thoughtful and sustainable
We are seeking candidates for the position of Senior Mechanical Designer/Drafter. The Senior Mechanical Designer/Drafter is responsible for the development and design of new products and improvements of existing products. The goal is to efficiently design mechanical components and systems that are innovative and of high quality. The Senior Mechanical Designer/Drafter will represent Knight Aerospace and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform full lifecycle of product development
• Design systems and components that meet the needs and requirements of the customer
• Produce concept and detail design models and drawings
• Identify, formulate, and produce effective solutions to emerging problems with minimal
• Alter and modify designs to meet requirements and eliminate/reduce manufacturing time
• Prepare product drawing and technical documentation
• Drive budget, quality, and schedule deliverables for individual and team tasks
• Has a high proficiency with SolidWorks and Solidworks PDM
• High proficiency with Solidworks structural members, 3D mechanical routing, and large assemblies
• Will take initiative and find innovative ways of solving complex design issues
• Has a working knowledge of FAA standards
• Has a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Will be team-oriented and take on a leadership role in the group
• Will provide training as needed to other designers
• Will review design and drawing documentation of other designers
• Liaison with planning, production, and quality
• Reflects the Company’s values in all communications and activities
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form, internally and externally
• High school diploma/GED required
• Minimum 6-8 years of Mechanical Design/ Drafting experience
• Strong cognitive skills
• Preferred: Associate Degree in Drafting & Design
• This is a non-exempt, full-time position in a warehouse and office environment.
• Knight Aerospace is located at 3606 SW 36th Street, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78226
• Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
• Knight Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.