Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Job type: Full-time
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to
modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have
established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules
and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt
their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, our newest product is an Aeromedical Bio-containment Module that
allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially with the onset of
COVID-19, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow,
we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Every employee and customer relationship
is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Speed, energy, innovation, and creativity allow us to create solutions for an uncertain future.
- Excellence: Quality, best practices, and procedures enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Passion, loyalty, and willingness to step up creates a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally to build more thoughtful and sustainable
… and we make it fun because that’s how we roll!
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of electrical designs and systems within multidisciplinary programs at Knight Aerospace. The goal is to efficiently design electrical components and systems that are safe, innovative, and of high quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops electrical system specifications, designs, and electrical-mechanical interfaces
- Identify, formulate, and produce effective solutions to emerging problems with minimal guidance
- Integrate products with aircraft electrical systems
- Develop connector and circuit breaker panels
- Prepare product drawing and technical documentation
- Establish budget, quality, and schedule deliverables for individual
- Support design of projects and apply current sustainability processes
- Promotes learning from successes and problems within the group and across the corporation
- Develops energy audits and protocols
- Has a high proficiency operating Auto Cad/Draft Sight, SolidWorks, and Solidworks PDM
- High proficiency with Solidworks electrical routing, and large assemblies/ systems
- High aptitude in reading and creating block diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Takes the initiative to find innovative ways of solving complex design issues
- Has a working knowledge of UL, FAA, and Military standards
- Will be team oriented and take on a leadership role in the group
- Liaison with planning, production, and quality
- Reflects the Company’s values in all communications and activities
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form, internally and externally
- Bachelor of Science Degree Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience in the aerospace industry
- Sound knowledge of the application of engineering principles
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and/or other production methodologies (preferred)
- International and domestic travel in support of product designs, implementations, or ongoing service.
- Extensive interaction with production floor activities.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.