Title: Quality Manager
Reports to: Director of Quality
High Integration Areas: Production, Engineering & Materials Control
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
The Quality Manager is responsible for following instructions given by the Director of Quality to process and product conformance and regulatory compliance. The goal is to efficiently design and manufacture components and systems that are safe, innovative, and of high quality. The Quality Manager will represent the Company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, including GD&T symbols.
- Conduct and monitor testing and inspection requirements.
- Preform final inspection and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP).
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Create corrective and preventive actions reports.
- Investigate nonconformance and determine root cause.
- Perform internal audits.
- Support customer, regulatory and third party compliance audits.
- Review customer contract requirements and provide synopsis to the organization during quoting and/or contract review.
- As Management Representative/Accountable Manager achieve and maintain certifications and approvals such as but not limited to AS9100.
- Perform supplier audits.
- Work with suppliers to improve product quality.
- Development and implementation of inspection plans.
- Investigate customer complaints, warranty claims and non-conformance issues.
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Track KPI’s, measures such as Cost of Poor Quality
- Monitor risk management activities.
- Responsible for document management systems.
- Review current OSHA plans, edit and or create OSHA plans and training documents.
- Ensure all EH&S policies are in place, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive level management.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions and trends.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data.
- Minimum six years related aerospace component and/or in process inspection experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Preferably in Engineering or other technical subject).
- Preferred, experience in or familiar with FAA authorized environments such as 14 CFR Part 21 and/or Part 145.
- Preferred, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, and/or other continual improvement methodologies
- Preferred, IAQG Authenticated AQMS Auditor.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Full-Time Position.
- Warehouse and manufacturing environment.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.