Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
High Integration Areas: Quality, Production and Materials Control
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company:
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, our newest product is an Aeromedical Bio-containment Module that allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially with the onset of COVID-19, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and each customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create solutions. We balance legacy talent with a curious perspective.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up creates a dynamic work environment and a united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
The Quality Assurance Inspector will be responsible for receiving inspection, inspections, and testing during manufacturing and final inspection. The Quality Assurance Inspector will represent Knight Aerospace and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform incoming inspection of hardware and raw stock.
- Interpret drawings, verify layouts to drawings using various measuring tools.
- Perform in-process inspection on all KA manufacturing.
- Review quality of technician's work.
- Conduct and monitor testing and inspection requirements.
- Perform final inspection on all items before shipping to customer.
- Collect statistical quality data as required.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Create corrective and preventive actions reports.
- Investigate non-conformance issues.
- Identify training needs.
- Support audits.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality requirements.
- Works effectively with other managers of the Company to promote good teamwork and a work environment that is productive and positive in order to execute the Company’s goals.
- Maintains a professional appearance and always conducts himself/herself professionally.
- Reflects the Company’s values in all communications and activities.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form, internally and externally.
- Basic computer skills using email and Microsoft Word, Excel, or equivalent product (E2 Program Management System a plus).
Work Environment Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- May require walking throughout day.
- May require standing for long periods throughout the day.
- May require light lifting generally less than 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel.
- Knight Aerospace reserves the right to cross-train team members to various areas within the company.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.