Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Operations Program Manager
High Integration Areas: Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Quality, Finance, and Sales
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, planning, monitoring, and controlling of programs to primarily deliver roll-on/roll-off palletized/modular systems used for the transport of people and equipment in cargo aircraft throughout the world. The Project Manager will represent the Company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company's customers are exceeded by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the daily execution of projects within contractual requirements to assure that the project cost, schedule, and technical performance goals are met.
- Serve as the Point of Contact to customer. Manage the customer relationship to understand their needs and set appropriate requirements, keep the customer appraised of progress, and secure follow-on work.
- Create and maintain a project milestone schedule based on customer, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, and sub-contractor inputs.
- Schedule, assign, and support the creation, review, and delivery of all contract data requirements lists (CDRLs) deliverables as defined by the contract.
- Establish and monitor project performance measures and metrics.
- Assist with the management of subcontractors and the supply chain.
- Analyze, evaluate, monitor, and overcome project risks.
- Assist with project contract management activities including negotiations, agreements, modifications, and new business proposals.
- Identify key resource requirements needed from the operations team and communicate to Operations Program Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate project performance and status of schedule, budget, compliance, and risk to the Operations Program Manager and in reviews with senior management.
- Collaborate on and assist in implementation of new Project Management processes.
- Works effectively with other employees to promote good teamwork and collaborative work environment which is productive and positive.
- Lead every project in a positive, innovative, and efficient & effective manner
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas to technically savvy non-experts.
- Always maintains professional appearance and conduct.
- Reflects the Company's values in all communications and activities.
- Bachelor's degree (Preferably in Business or Engineering).
- Minimum of three years of program or project management experience (Aerospace Industry or another technical field preferred).
- PMP certification (Preferred but not required).
- Proficient user of Smarthseet or Microsoft Project.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite.
Work Environment Requirements:
- International and domestic travel in support of programs, implementations, or ongoing service, <5% of time
- May require sitting, standing, and/or walking for long periods throughout the day.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.