Title: Product Manager
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: CRO
Reporting Departments/Processes: Sales & Marketing
High Integration Areas: Program Management, Production
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and dependable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircrafts to fit their current needs. For example, our newest product is an Aeromedical Biocontainment Module that allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 min. Especially with the onset of COVID19, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
• Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
• Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
• Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
• Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
... and we make it fun because that's how we roll!
The Product Manager shall possess proven expertise and have delivered positive results relative to product management. Their skills and experience should include effective market research, data capture, and analysis, product roadmap decisions and development, product testing/certification requirements, new product introduction process implementation, and the ability to oversee all product management functions. This role will also include participation in certain product marketing decisions to include determining a competitive pricing strategy to WIN while achieving internal margin targets, effective competitive intelligence gathering, product positioning, accurate/timely customer experience feedback loop (NPS), and R&D team participation. The Product Manager will represent the company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, build and implement product management processes for existing and new products to include market research, existing and prospective customer engagement/discussions/surveys, product development roadmap, and a clear new product introduction process (NPI).
- Consistent collaboration with the company’s sales team, independent sales agents, existing customers, partners, key company leaders, and industry influencers to plan, budget and execute appropriate product development activities. This will include market analysis to determine and target the right geographical/industry markets, solve for our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), and target the correct personas within the ICP entities to drive recurring revenue.
- Assist marketing consultants in developing product messaging that differentiates Knight products and services from others in the market. Communicate effectively (internally and externally) the value of our products and services to our customers and the broader market. Assist marketing consultants in creating product content such as white papers, case studies, videos, website copy, and blog posts.
- Gain insight into existing customer use of our products to find needs/untapped opportunities for cross-selling.
- Use market research and critical data analysis to determine effective product pricing.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Assist the CRO in managing the marketing budget and outside consultant approval processes.
- Works collaboratively with other managers of the company to promote good teamwork and a work environment that is productive and positive to execute the company’s goals.
- Meticulous and precise diligence in all aspects of product planning and execution.
- Ability to create, communicate, and execute effective product plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation presence.
- A high degree of initiative and intelligence to gather and analyze data to generate results.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to dynamic markets to include US and international government engagements with an appreciation of the contract and procurement process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related program.
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and CRM platforms.
- Aerospace, aeromedical, emergency management, or biomedical experience a plus.
- Experience dealing with third party sales resources, especially international sales agents.
Work Environment Requirements:
1. International and domestic travel
2. Office environment is typical for day-to-day operations
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.