Title: Manufacturing Engineering Specialist I
Reports to: Planning Manager
Reporting Departments/Processes: Operations
High Integration Areas: Engineering, Production Control, Production, Program Management, Procurement
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into everything we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products we strive for the best practices, and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step-up creates a dynamic work environment and a united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
... and we make it fun because that's how we roll!
The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist is responsible for generating build plans/routings, and bill of materials from Engineering data, to provide an executable plan to Production Control, Purchasing, Materials Control and Production. The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist will represent the Company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create routing/job travelers for each manufacturing operation needed to produce the product
- Create routing/job travelers in ERP system or Excel from drawings released by Engineering.
- BOM Creation
- Create BOM from engineering drawings
- Modify BOM as required when future revisions are released
- Forward completed BOM to Production Control for Stock checking
- Update the BOM with stock check information
- Provide BOM to purchasing.
- Build plan identification
- Identify the correct sequence for project build by working with Production
- On floor issues, changes, questions
- Address issues brought up by Production for engineering change requests or BOM modification
- Clarify information for questions brought up by Production.
- Drawing review
- Review drawings for possible errors or missing information
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Preferred: 2+ years of college.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing experience, hands-on manufacturing or in a role creating routings and BOMs, or,
- Minimum 1 year aerospace manufacturing experience, hands-on manufacturing or in a role creating routings and BOMs.
- Preferred: knowledge of JobBoss Software (or similar ERP system), knowledge of CAD.
- Production and office environment is typical for day-to-day operations.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.