Title: Innovation Program Manger
Reports to: Director of Engineering & Innovation
Reporting Departments/Processes: R&D
High Integration Areas: Production, Engineering, Planning, Sales, Purchasing & Materials Control
About the Company:
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircrafts to fit their current needs. For example, our newest product is an Aeromedical Biocontainment Module that allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 min. Especially with the onset of COVID19, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
Caring – We put our hearts into everything we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
Dynamic – Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspective.
Excellence – Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products we strive for the best practices, and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
Dedication – Loyalty and willingness to step-up creates a dynamic work environment and a united team.
Stewardship – We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
… and we make it fun because that’s how we roll!
The Innovation Program Manager is responsible for the identification, planning, and execution of new strategic innovation initiatives. These initiatives may include new technology areas where new team members must be identified and recruited from inside or outside the organization. The Innovation Program Manager will stay connected with stakeholders in the US Government, as well as internal stakeholders. The Innovation Program Manager must clearly define and articulate the boundaries of the project scope, and drive to successful program execution meeting schedule and budget. Knights Aerospace’s goal is to efficiently design and manufacture components and systems that are safe, innovative, and of high quality. The Innovation Program Manager will represent the Company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for innovation program success
- Coordinate with new innovation area stakeholders outside and inside the organization
- Contribute to the Knight Aerospace innovation strategy
- Ensures that the scope is well defined and communicated
- Create project plans for a cross functional team including R&D, business development, engineering, marketing, operations, and more
- Organize and facilitate team activities to execute on program deliverables
- Keeps team accountable to project phase deliverables
- Help create new innovation operating procedures, implement best practices
- Execute all programs within contractual requirements to assure that the project cost, schedule, and technical performance goals are met or exceeded
- Oversee program data and ensure documentation is accurate at each program milestone
- Schedule, assign, and support the creation, review, and delivery of all contract data requirements lists (CDRLs) deliverables as defined by the contract
- Provide early and timely communication to leadership and stakeholders of potential failures to meet program schedule, budget, or compliance
- Assist in building and maintaining customer relationships
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Leadership skills to include the ability to motivate, mentor, and inspire others, training them on the correct use of tools and processes
- Understand and comply with safety policies, including the use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferably in Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Technology or Innovation)
- Master’s degree preferred (Preferably in Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Technology or Innovation)
- PMP certification preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project, Smartsheet or other Project Management software
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum five years related program management experience in manufacturing environment
- Minimum four years of program management experience in aerospace
Work Environment Requirements:
- Office, warehouse, and manufacturing environment
- International and domestic travel in support of programs, implementations, or ongoing service may be required
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.