Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Accounting and HR
Reporting Departments/Processes: Human Resources
High Integration Areas: Engineerings, Operations, Productions, Sales, Accounting
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change Roll-On/Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
... and we make it fun because that's how we roll!
The Human Resources Manager shall possess proven expertise and have delivered positive results relative to all aspect of the Human Resources department. Their skills and experience should include effective interviewing and hiring staff, administering pay, benefits, leave and enforcing and creating company policies and practices. This role will also include participation in job fairs, community outreach, employee surveys and all aspects of employee onboarding and offboarding on the company’s HRIS. The Human Resources Manager will represent the company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the company’s employees are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education and work assessments; training topics may include safety, anti-harassment, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with other managers of the company to promote good teamwork and a work environment which is productive and positive to execute the company’s goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation presence.
- Very important to this position are: accuracy, attention to detail, cooperation, customer service, learning on the fly, organization, technical writing and time management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Paylocity HRIS software
- Bilingual in Spanish, highly desirable
- SHRM-CP Certification, preferred
- Valid Texas Driver License with acceptable MVR and background check
Work Environment Requirements:
- Office environment is typical for day-to-day operations.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.