Title: Financial Analyst
Reports to: Operations Program Manager
High Integration Areas: Production, Engineering & Materials Control
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for keeping track of the Company’s financial plan. This includes analyzing the Company’s performance, alongside changes and market trends, not only helps create the forecast, but also calculates variances between forecasts and actuals. Also includes forecasting future revenues and expenditures, as well as modeling capital structure and budgeting. The Financial Analyst will represent the Company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive level management.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions and trends.
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data.
- 3-5+ years experience of business finance or other relevant experience.
- 2+ years Demonstrated experience with strong financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business).
- Demonstrated work experience in quantitatively -heavy role.
- Strong Quantitative and analytical competency.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Excel.
- Experience working, and presenting to, leadership.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Full-Time Position.
- Office environment.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.