Title: Director of Quality
Reports to: President and CEO
Department: Quality Control
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
The Director of Quality manages quality function through development, implementation, and monitoring of policies and procedures consistent with organizational requirements. Manages and participates in quality activities in the department to improve the processes, procedures, methods, and materials used in the repair and overhaul processes while ensuring product quality is maintained and striving for continuous improvement:
The Director of Quality is responsible for the improvement and overall cost of quality, maintaining AS9100D certification in good standing and for the overall management of the Site's Quality System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates production operations from a strategic level to ensure that products meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other specifications and requirements.
- Collaborates with management and senior staff across production departments and roles to draft acceptable quality standards.
- Develops and implements quality standard testing and evaluation processes.
- Facilitates communication among production divisions and management.
- Assesses test results and approves recommended changes.
- Reviews quality control documentation such as checklists, logs, and reports for effectiveness, accuracy, and relevance.
- Conducts random inspections and quality control checks.
- Periodically reports status of quality control and operations to executive leadership and, when required, regulatory agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the Site Quality System Group resource allocation planning.
- Responsible for site-level implementation and management of the common Quality Management System.
- Develop LEAN manufacturing techniques 5S, GEMBA.
- Provides summary information concerning Quality System performance measures, e.g., Cost of Quality, to be analyzed and made into actionable data.
- Coordinate activities required for continued AS9100D certification including internal auditing, preventive & corrective action systems, ensuring completion and maintenance of Quality records, documentation, and test data.
- Supports and actively participates in the site committee as a member on the same level with site management or their equivalent.
- Coordinates the daily activities of the Quality Engineers and provides supervision, work direction and contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Develops, implements, and control methods and procedures to monitor continuously the satisfaction of customers regarding quality.
- Conducts customer and supplier visitations as required to confer on both general and specific quality requirements/needs.
- Acts as the site Management Representative as required by ISO/QS-9000/AS-9100/Quality System Requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff.
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and production in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of related software.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or engineering field.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies, such as Toyota Production System and Demin philosophy.
- Experience in NIST 800-171 compliance standards & processes.
- ASQC Certified Quality Manager
- Certified Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt or similar continuous process improvement experience.
- Background in aerospace.
- Demonstrated supervisory & leadership skills.
- Self-started with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Directs and oversees the quality department and supervisory staff.
- Proficient in Word processing and Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Experience in Resource Planning Skills.
- Minimum of 7 years of prior work experience in a government contract management role, such as purchasing or contracting or in a similar sales role.
- Five years of Supervisory Experience.
- Experience with ISO9000 or AS9100 Certifications.
- Knowledge of data acquisition, testing, and process control.
- Experience in statistical tools to include, SPC design of experiments, statistical analysis tools, and measurements analysis.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Full-time, Non-exempt Position
- Domestic travel to customer sites and trade conferences
- Possible international travel; must be able to obtain a United States passport.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.