Title: Aircraft Electrical Technician II
Reports To: Production Manager
High Integration Areas: Production, Engineering, & Materials Control
About the Company:
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is an Aeromedical Bio-containment Module that allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially with the onset of COVID-19, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and each customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create solutions. We balance legacy talent with a curious perspective.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up creates a dynamic work environment and a united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
...and we make it fun because that's how we roll!
The Aircraft Electrical Technician II is responsible for following instructions given by the Production Manager to execute all electrical builds successfully. The goal is to efficiently design electrical components and systems that are safe, innovative, and of high quality. The Aircraft Electrical Technician will represent the Company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Solder and use crimping tools.
- Wire components to include terminal boards, connectors, switches, cannon plugs and shield wires.
- Manufacture Aircraft Quality cables and harness assemblies.
- Clamping, routing, and securing of wires and cables in components.
- Mark wire and sleeving using Laser or Kingsley Machines.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Three years electrical harness manufacturing and/or installation experience or
- Two years electrical harness manufacturing and/or installation in accordance with IPC/WHMA-A-620 or similar
- Experience in or familiar with FAA authorized environments such as 14 CFR Part 21 and/or Part 145.
- Full-time Position.
- Warehouse and manufacturing environment.
- KA is located at 3606 SW 36th Street, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78226
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision.
- KA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.