Title: Director Business Development US Government
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Reporting Departments/Processes: Sales & Marketing
High Integration Areas: Program Management, Production, Finance, Quality
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up.
As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring – We put our hearts into everything we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship are essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic – Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspective.
- Excellence – Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products we strive for the best practices, and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication – Loyalty and willingness to step-up creates a dynamic work environment and a united team.
- Stewardship – We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
… and we make it fun because that’s how we roll!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual will direct business development efforts for all U.S. Government opportunities to include the military, federal agencies, and State agencies (e.g., National Guard).
- Leads efforts to identify, qualify, target, and win new government business opportunities relying on established relationships and the ability to research, target, and forge new relationships.
- Develops, updates, and executes program capture plans, including the formulation of win strategies. Familiar with Shipley, Holden, Target Account Selling or other strategic sales methodologies.
- Displays proficiency at developing complex US Government proposal plans including bid and proposal (B&P) costs for new business pursuits.Leads color team reviews and assessments.
- Deep understanding of various contract vehicles and procurement processes. Familiar with CRADA, SBIR and STTR capture programs. Familiar with US government contract and procurement regulations and requirements. Full understanding of GSA procurement procedures and requirements.
- Collaborates w/ program management (PM), engineering, production, and product management teams to develop technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Estimates return-on-investment (ROI) & works with CRO and finance executives to develop pricing strategies that attain target EBITDA and are competitive in the marketplace.
- Highly skilled at presenting to customers and partners. Provides executives w/ business development updates at quarterly Capture Management Reviews.
- Close engagement with prospects, customers, and partners to identify “pain and gain” opportunities within the US Government. Displays consistent collaboration with the company’s sales team and industry influencers to plan, budget and execute appropriate business development activities to include conferences, trade shows, symposiums, etc.
- Establishes and maintains outstanding customer relations proactively acting as a trusted advisor to gain accurate insight into customer use of our products. Explores needs and untapped areas to solve problems leading to cross sell and up sell opportunities.
- Arrives with a strong stable of US government relationships which will enable early access to ideas, needs, and requirements.
- Works collaboratively with managers of the company to promote teamwork and a work environment which is productive and positive in order to execute the company’s goals in accordance with our core values.
- Meticulous, precise diligence in all aspects of research, analysis, planning, and execution.
- Ability to create, communicate, and execute effective capture plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of initiative and intelligence to gather and analyze critical market data to generate results.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and capitalize on real time market circumstances (compelling events like the Afghan evacuation, Ukraine war, natural disasters) where our products and services can serve humanity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related program. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years US government business development experience.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and CRM platforms.
- Prior military, aerospace, aviation experience a plus.
Work Environment Requirements:
1. International and domestic travel
2. Office environment is typical for day-to-day operations
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.