Reports to: Planning Manager
High Integration Areas: Quality, Production, Procurement, Program Management, and Materials Control
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
The Planner will be responsible for creating bill of materials, work orders/job instructions for each manufacturing operation needed to produce the end product. The Planner will represent Knight Aerospace and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create hard copy job files.
2. Distribute engineer released drawings to Quality Control and Production.
3. Create Bill of Material (BOM)
4. Meed with Production Control to determine Outside Processing and proper sequencing of manufacturing operations.
5. Work with engineering to ensure that the manufacturing operations flow with the drawings.
6. Forward completed BOM to Production Control for Stock checking.
7. Keep a log of BOMs out for stock check (release and return).
8. Update the BOM with stock check information.
9. Provide BOM to purchasing.
10. Create Work Orders/Job Instructions for each manufacturing operation needed to produce the product. 11. Keep Work Order log.
1. Works effectively with other managers of the company to promote good teamwork and a work environment that is productive and positive in order to execute the company’s goals.
2. Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings.
3. Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
4. Ability to bend and kneel.
5. Ability to lift over 40 lbs.
6. Excellent cognitive skills.
1. High school diploma/GED required.
2. Preferred: 2+ years of college.
3. Manufacturing background.
4. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form, internally and externally
5. Plus: Knowledge of ShopTech, E2 Software, knowledge of CAD.
Work Environment Requirements:
1. Must have a valid driver's license.
2. May require walking throughout the day.
3. May require standing for long periods throughout the day.
4. May require light lifting, generally less than 25 pounds.
5. Knight Aerospace reserves the right to cross-train members to various areas within the company.
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.