Title: Mechanical Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company:
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, our newest product is an Aeromedical Bio-containment Module that allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially with the onset of COVID-19, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
- Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and each customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
- Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create solutions. We balance legacy talent with a curious perspective.
- Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
- Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up creates a dynamic work environment and a united team.
- Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the development and design of new products and improvements of existing products. The goal is to efficiently design mechanical
components and systems that are innovative and of high quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform full lifecycle of product development
- Design systems and components that meet the needs and requirements of the
- Produce outline design, and final design drawings
- Identify, formulate, and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Alter and modify designs to meet requirements and to eliminate/reduce
- Prepare product drawing and technical documentation
- Drive budget, quality, and schedule deliverables for individual and team tasks
- Reporting Departments/Processes:
- All program managers
- All corporate production programs.
- High Integration Areas:
• Proficient with SolidWorks and Solidworks PDM
• Proficient with Solidworks structural members, 3D mechanical routing, and large
• Will take initiative and find innovative ways of solving complex design issues
• Has a working knowledge of FAA standards
• Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Will be team-oriented
• Can take on a design problem and create and design and drawings with minimal
• Will provide training as needed to other designers
• Will review design and drawing documentation of other designers
• Liaison with planning, production, and quality
• Reflects the Company’s values in all communications and activities
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written form, internally and externally
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• High school diploma/GED required
• Minimum 0-3 years of Mechanical Design/ Engineering experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Strong cognitive skills
• Must be able to sit, stand, kneel or bend for long periods of time
Work Environment Requirements:
• International and domestic travel in support of product designs, implementations, or ongoing service.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
• This is a Non- Exempt, Full-Time Position. Warehouse and office environment
• KA is located at 3606 SW 36th Street, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78226
• Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
• Knight Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.