Title: Chief Revenue Officer
Reports to: President and CEO
Reporting Departments/Processes: All sales personnel
High Integration Areas: Program Management, Production, Finance, Quality
About the Company
Knight Aerospace exists at the exciting intersection of aerospace, military, and medical technology. Our mission is to modernize aerospace transportation to be modular, adaptable, and customizable in an ever-changing world. We have established ourselves as the industry leader in providing quality and reliable “Quick-Change/Roll-On Roll-Off” modules and pallets to enhance the functionality of various cargo aircraft. These products allow our customers to quickly adapt their aircraft to fit their current needs. For example, one of our newest products is a type of Aeromedical Bio-Containment Evacuation System (ABES), the Aeromedical Bio-containment Module (ABCM). It allows for isolated medical transport units to be installed into a cargo aircraft in 45 minutes. Especially during the era of pandemics, demand in the market has proven the value of our products and now we are looking to scale up. As we grow, we will continue to root our culture in these core values:
• Caring: We put our hearts into all we do and into every relationship. Each employee and customer relationship is essential to the success of our business.
• Dynamic: Passion, energy, and drive for success allow us to adapt and create innovative solutions. We balance legacy talent with curious perspectives.
• Excellence: Because we are committed to delivering the highest quality products, we strive for the best practices and best procedures to enable the best people to make the best products.
• Dedication: Loyalty and willingness to step up and create a dynamic work environment and united team.
Stewardship: We manage our resources as if they were ours personally. We are proud of our products, company, and reputation.
The Chief Revenue Officer will lead the company’s sales efforts to ensure sales goals are established and met. This involves following a structured strategic sales plan which targets market penetration and protection for its products. The products consist primarily of roll-on/roll-off palletized systems used for the transport of people and equipment in cargo aircraft throughout the world. As this is a small company, the comprehensive role of Chief Revenue Officer will have wide responsibility for returning customer feedback and working with the leadership team so new product offerings are constantly refreshed. The Chief Revenue Officer will represent the Company and its values and will ensure that the expectations of the Company’s customers are exceeded by performing the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for various countries and customers, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
2. Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
3. Manage, develop, coach, control, and motivate the sales force to develop their skills to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales targets and KPI targets are met.
4. Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly.
5. Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals.
6. Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies and analyzing trends and results.
7. Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company's relationship with them.
8. Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to capture key demographics.
9. Present progress reports on various projects within the department, with senior management, and with customers, as needed.
1. Works effectively with other managers of the Company to promote good teamwork and a work environment that is productive and positive in order to execute the Company’s goals.
2. Leads sales team directed at process improvements, product, waste minimization, new product development, and culture change.
3. Familiar with aerospace industry/medical evacuation or other company-specific aspects
4. Leads the department in a positive, innovative, and efficient manner.
5. Reflects executive presence and executive courage.
6. Operates in an effective and contributory manner on the Leadership Team
7. Reflects the Company’s core values in all communications and activities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Sales or related program
2. Minimum of 10 years of direct sales experience (aerospace highly preferred)
3. Minimum of 5 years of supervisory or management experience
4. Highly proficient user of CRM platforms
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form, internally and externally
6. Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
7. Product Portfolio and presentation of a body of work in order to fully articulate skill set.
8. Aerospace or Biomedical experience specialization a plus.
9. Experience with third-party sales resources, especially internationally
Work Environment Requirements:
1. International and domestic travel
2. Office environment is typical for day-to-day operations
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.